- The energy grid frequency is 50Hz in Europe, and 60Hz in the US and 50 / 60Hz in Japan.
- To meet the energy requirements, several generators are needed.
- Every generator has a small error with its frequency generator.
- The frequency of all generators must be very tight to work synchronously.
- Combined power (voltage and current) suffers until a small frequency wave.
- To accurately perform advanced harmonics analysis, the frequency must be precisely tracked.
- To determine the general health of the energy, the frequency must also be tracked precisely.
- Network operators track and correct the network frequency with a ± 1mHz resolution.
This is also the accuracy with which TED does its work.
The challenge for energy managers
Balance between demand and total production / delivery. If the demand exceeds the generation, the frequency decreases, but if the generation exceeds the demand, the frequency increases